Our dedicated team of professional staff are committed to providing patients with the highest standards of care. Throughout our patients’ stay, from pre-admission to discharge, each patient will be treated with the utmost respect and dignity.
Your surgeon will arrange the date and time of your admission for surgery. Once the date of your surgery has been confirmed by your surgeon you will be required to complete a Preadmission form given to you by the surgeon’s rooms. This will confirm personal details and enable Short Street Day Surgery to contact your health fund and confirm your cover if applicable and inform you if there are any out of pocket costs that are payable on the day of surgery.
Pre-admission is an important part of your hospital care. To ensure we can confirm your admission, financial and other arrangements, we ask that you:
- Complete the admission form that you would have received from your doctor, as soon as possible and send it back to the hospital or complete online (preferred).
Please have the following ready when you fill in your admission form:
- Personal/Next of Kin details
- Medicare Card
- Funding details (e.g. DVA, Private health insurance, Work cover or self-funding)
- Benefit details (e.g. pharmacy benefit card or pension card)
- Item numbers if these were quoted by doctors’ rooms
- Information your doctor supplied to you re implantable medical devices (eg prosthetic and disposables) – If applicable.
- If you have any questions about this process, please contact Ramsay Health Hub Customer Care on 1800 716 688, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have private health cover, please contact your health fund prior to your admission to check for any excess or waiting periods. We know that health and billing charges can be difficult to understand and we are happy to assist in any way we can, however we also advise that you seek clarification from your doctor and health fund.
Nursing Pre-admission Information
You may be contacted by telephone prior to your day of admission by our Pre-admission Nurse. If you are contacted:
- Your medical history will be reviewed with you and admission and discharge details discussed.
- Please take this opportunity to discuss any concerns regarding your admission
Your doctor will notify the hospital of the date of your procedure / operation and inform you of your day and time of admission. Your doctor will also explain your procedure or operation and complete the consent form with you.
DAY OF ADMISSION INFORMATION
On the day of admission
Please check in with Reception at the time indicated by your doctor.
Your doctor will inform you of the scheduled time for your surgery and subsequent fasting times.
This means nothing to eat or drink, including water, prior to your operation.
Please bring anything applicable to your admission including:
- doctors admission letter and or consent forms (if you have completed admission forms on-line)
- regular medications
- relevant x-rays and or test results
- for a child - favourite toy, formula, bottle and any special dietary needs
DO NOT (unless your doctor gives you special instructions):
- Eat or drink anything after midnight for morning surgery
- Eat or drink anything after 7am for afternoon surgery – (a light breakfast prior to 7am is acceptable i.e. tea and toast)
- Smoke cigarettes or chew gum
- Wear jewellery. A wedding ring and watch are permitted
- Bring valuables i.e. mobile phone and large amounts of cash
- Wear make-up or nail polish
- Please shower on the day of admission and put on clean clothes
- Wear garments that are comfortable and easy to remove
- Check with your nurse before informing relatives/friends regarding the time that you should be picked up.